Sulfites are chemical derivatives of sulfur that are used as food preservatives to prevent the growth of bacteria, molds and yeasts, prevent the oxidation of oils and fats and prevent discoloration or darkening of foods -mainly wines, beers, cavas , ciders, vegetables and crustaceans – being identified on the labels with the acronyms that go from the E-220 to the E-228. Well, in spite of their common use and that they are presented practically as innocuous, the reality is that they can give rise to numerous undesirable reactions; especially of allergic type. Being especially dangerous for those who suffer from asthma since in such cases they can even put their lives at risk. It is therefore inconceivable its massive use, especially in the case of wines that therefore feel increasingly worse for many people.

These are some of the problems that could cause:


E220

Sulfur dioxide or sulfur dioxide.

Causes irritation of the digestive tract.

It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices.

Toxicity: dangerous, do not take.

E221

Sodium sulfate.

Causes irritation of the digestive tract.

It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices.

Toxicity: dangerous, do not take.

E222

Sodium bisulfite.

Causes irritation of the digestive tract. It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices.

Toxicity: dangerous, do not take.

E223

Sodium disulfite.

Causes irritation of the digestive tract.

It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices. Toxicity: dangerous, do not take. E224 Potassium disulfite. Causes irritation of the digestive tract.

Dangerous for asthmatics It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices.

Toxicity: dangerous, do not take.

E225

Calcium disulfite.

Causes irritation of the digestive tract.

It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Very dangerous for asthmatics.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices.

Toxicity: dangerous, do not take.

E226

Calcium sulfite.

Causes irritation of the digestive tract.

It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices.

Toxicity: dangerous, do not take.

E227

Calcium bisulphite

Causes irritation of the digestive tract.

It inactivates vitamin B1 and its prolonged consumption can produce vitamin deficiency (lack of vitamins in the body), causes headaches and vomiting.

Food: beers, wines, fruit juices.

Toxicity: dangerous, do not take

We know that it is impossible for large industries to stop using sulfites in their products but it is important that consumers are aware of what they are buying and consuming, or at least have the necessary information to make a decision.

Font: https://www.dsalud.com/reportaje/el-ignorado-peligro-de-los-sulfitos/

Go to our BLOG